FourNet are an award-winning provider of communications technologies and services to mid-market and enterprise businesses and the public sector both in the UK and Globally. Due to the companies accelerated growth, we have a requirement for an implementation engineer who is motivated, dynamic, has a “get it done” attitude and can perform as part of a high functioning team. The candidate will be working with a mix of private sector and public sector customers, including blue light emergency services.
The primary job functions will be to ensure FourNet continue to deliver exceptional Avaya Aura, SIP, and remote worker solutions to our customers. The applicant needs to have strong technical skills in Avaya Aura and be highly competent with SIP solutions and VMware environments. The role will involve predominately implementation and upgrade activities but there may be occasional requirements to fulfil maintenance activities such as minor upgrades and move/change requests for our enterprise customers.
To ensure FourNet continue to deliver services to the highest standards within the industry, we are searching for highly motivated self-driven candidates who are looking to expand their skillsets beyond traditional telephony technologies. Ongoing training will be provided to keep the individual up to date with the latest technologies and cross training to cover the FourNet technical portfolio’.
FourNet is one of the UK’s most successful cloud and managed services providers. We have grown year on year for the last 15 years, have won multiple awards and work with some of the most secure, critical, and commercially driven organisations in the UK.
Scope of responsibilities
- Installation and configuration of complex large-scale enterprise PBX and contact centre solutions. Ability to deliver solutions working independently or as part of a team where necessary.
- Project engagement as a dedicated project engineer, delivering large scale projects from inception through to completion with support handover. Create and manage project documentation such as high/low level designs, technical requirement capture forms etc.
- Support for sales and pre-sales with customer engagements. Ability to attend meetings, calls and potentially present to customers during tender and sales negotiation processes. Ability to demonstrate extensive technical knowledge in customer facing scenarios.
- Engagement with smaller scale mini projects and maintenance escalations.
- Coordination of training to meet Capability and Accreditation goals.
- Training and Accreditation
- Ensure personal learning and development is maintained
- Avaya administration
- PLDS & support site administration – license generation and administration
- Deliver/support in ad-hoc projects as required, working to agreed timescales and collaborating with appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong technical skills with Avaya Aura, SIP & Avaya remote working solutions
- SBC/Session Manager/System Manager experience
- Extensive IT knowledge
- Networking experience preferred.
- Competent VMware skills
- Competency with Microsoft OS and Linux/Unix
- The role also requires a DBS check and security clearance is preferable
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Customer focused, proactive, collaborative, can do approach.
- Achievement driven with the ability to deliver at pace.
- A versatile learner with a strong commitment to professional development
- Good planning and organising skills with a high level of attention to detail.
Traits and Behaviour
- Focus on customers – committed to providing the best service to our customers in all that they do.
- Working Together – Working co-operatively with colleagues, customers, partners, and suppliers. Gains support from others. Relationship driven and ‘human.’
- Can Do Attitude – Takes personal responsibility for getting things done.
- Growth – Proactively seeks ways to improve and grow the business.
This job description is intended as a general indication of the main responsibilities of the job and does not include detailed instructions on how tasks are undertaken. You may be required to carry out additional tasks within your capability as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.
If you’ve got what it takes to be part of our award-winning team apply today!