FourNet has more than fifteen years’ experience delivering communications, collaboration and contact centre solutions for some of the most secure, critical and commercially driven organisations in the UK. Consistently recognised for our innovation and service excellence; we build long term, collaborative relationships with our customers to help them deliver brilliant customer experiences.
FourNet was established with a vision of delivering world class customer service and market leading technical innovation; this is underpinned by our fundamental goal of being a place where people want to work. We have grown successfully, based on a very simple set of core objectives: employ the best people, work with the best partners and focus on our customers.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Main purpose of Role: Ensure the efficient and effective operation of the finance function to support the delivery of our commercial goals.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the right-hand person to CFO, highlighting risks and opportunities, helping develop strategy and financial plans.
- Financial Information
- Production of Monthly Financial Board Pack – to include; variance analysis and consolidated accounts
- Production of monthly Flash P&L – early draft version of P&L for Management team to review
- Monthly Communication of financial results to Senior management team
- KPI design collation and reporting
- Manage relationship with auditors ensuring audits completed effectively and accounts filed on time. Ensure group companies are following appropriate accounting policies.
- Lead and develop a capable Finance team (2 qualified accountants and 4 others) ensuring effective cover and development opportunities.
- Systems and Controls
- Identify opportunities to improve business performance – growth, costs savings and business process improvements (including Sage 200, Sales Force and other systems)
- Maintain a robust system of financial control and provide sign off control for payments and salaries.
- Manage the move away from multiple spreadsheets to more self service processes. Particular focus around Monthly Recurring Revenue reporting and commissions
- Manage the production of monthly salaries and commission
- Assist in developing appropriate reward and recognition strategies including bonus and commission targets and parameters.
- Cash management including weekly forecasting and board reporting.
- Monitor and implement foreign currency management strategy and ensure currency hedging is in place in line with agreed approach.
- Manage bank relationship with Natwest and Kartesia ensuring sufficient funding lines
- Improve relationships with suppliers through effective cash management, better communications on payment timings and improved internal processes to reduce missing invoices.
- Managing forex requirements for the business
- Contract and project management
- Ensure contract accounting is correctly recognising profit on large contracts.
- Reporting on Monthly Recurring Revenue for each revenue type
- Annual budget and forecasts as required, working with SMT to build bottom-up forecasts which are owned and understood.
- Half year reforecasting
- Managing the year-end audit
- Liaison with advisors for tax accounting
- Manage the relationship with HMRC ensuring group compliance with legislation.
- Work with the group’s brokers to ensure appropriate insurance cover is in place.
- Experienced Financial Controller/head of finance in an SME
- Private Equity experience beneficial, not essential
- Experience of presenting results
- Experience of different business circumstances
- Team leadership and development
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel supported with good knowledge of the remaining Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of working with Salesforce is a nice to have
Traits and Behaviours
- Focus on customers – committed to providing the best service to our customers in all that they do
- Working Together – Working co-operatively with colleagues, customers, partners and suppliers. Gains support from others. Relationship driven and ‘human.’
- Can Do Attitude – Takes personal responsibility for getting things done
- Growth – Proactively seeks ways to improve and grow the business
- Entrepreneurial and commercially astute
- Agile, self-starter driven to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Personally, and professionally credible with the commercial and Financial expertise to add value at an individual, team and business level.
- Effective people manager and relationship builder.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Can quickly build strong relationships and influence a diverse range of people at all levels
- Strategically agile with the ability to both see the bigger picture and focus on the detail.
This job description is intended as a general indication of the main responsibilities of the job and does not include detailed instructions on how tasks are undertaken. You may be required to carry out additional tasks within your capability as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.