A fantastic opportunity has been created in our Manchester office for an individual at the very start of their finance career. Are you looking to take your first step into a finance career? Are you good with numbers, good attention to detail skills, have mind set for an analytical approach to work, then apply today without delay!
FourNet is one of the fastest growing technology businesses in the UK; listed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and the FT1000 Fast Track, we are recognised as the fastest organically growing business within our sector by Megabuyte. As one of the UK’s most successful cloud and managed services providers we have grown year on year for the last 17 years, have won multiple awards and work with some of the most secure, critical, and commercially driven organisations in the UK.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to work as an accounts apprentice within the Finance team at FourNet. As an accounts apprentice, you will be there to support the wider finance team and undertake various roles. The role holder will ensure FourNet continues to deliver a wide range of high-quality services, whilst being an integral part of our Finance team and working in line with our core brand values.
- Assist the Finance team with weekly, monthly and yearly procedures
- Perform bank reconciliations and assist at month end
- To assist with un-invoiced items and develop relationships to work collaboratively with other departments
- Assist with purchase order processing
- Maintain the order log
- Assist with sales invoicing
- Assist with credit control and account related customer queries over the phone and email
- GCSE 9-4 in Maths/English (or equivalent)
- IT literate with intermediate excel skills
- Knowledge of Sage200 accounting system would be beneficial, but not essential
Traits and Behaviours
- Focus on customers – committed to providing the best service to our customers in all that they do
- Working Together – Working co-operatively with colleagues, customers, partners, and suppliers. Gains support from others. Relationship driven and ‘human.’
- Can Do Attitude – Takes personal responsibility for getting things done
- Growth – Proactively seeks ways to improve and grow the business
- To be self-motivated and multitask effectively
- Must be able to communicate with team members effectively
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changing business requirements
- Want to actively improve their knowledge and experience of accounting
- Ability to work efficiently individually and as part of a team
This job description is intended as a general indication of the main responsibilities of the job and does not include detailed instructions on how tasks are undertaken. You may be required to carry out additional tasks within your capability as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.