Supporting the Head of Commercial, the main purpose of this role is to create and coordinate bid responses from the operational division of FourNet.
FourNet is one of the UK’s most successful cloud and managed services providers. We have grown year on year for the last 15 years, have won multiple awards and work with some of the most secure, critical, and commercially driven organisations in the UK.
Scope Of Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Heads of Commercial, Project Management Office and Customer Experience, create and maintain a bid response library relating to Operational requirements.
- Identify and monitor trends within ITT, RFQ and RFIs relating to the Operational departments and evolve tender responses accordingly. Ensuring that key value added propositions are highlighted and developed in line with the changing market requirements.
- Maintain Service Description documentation relating to the FourNet portfolio and our propositions.
- Working closely with the Bid Manager, provide summarised communication of the key requirements, risks and opportunities involved in the tender for the subject matter experts to review.
- Identify and communicate where specialist input from subject matter experts is required, and coordinate timely responses in order to progress the bid.
Draft tender responses to all project delivery and customer experience related questions in the first instance, ensuring that all responses are aligned with the Service Descriptions and are commercially aligned.
- Final drafts shall be reviewed with subject matter experts within the tender deadlines to ensure a professional, unified response is provided.
- Collaborate closely with the bid team, including the Bid Manager, to produce high quality responses to the agreed time frames.
- Analyse and assess reasons for awards and losses and maintain monthly reporting relating to the win ratio. Undertaking research into competitors, their solutions and approaches.
- Pricing of services provided by the Operations departments relating to tenders and BAU opportunities using commercial tools. Also contributing input to the ongoing quality assurance and development of the tools.
- Provide monthly reporting to feedback key findings, productivity, project work and tender pipeline.
- Agile, self-starter driven to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective relationship builder.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise a busy workload.
- Resilient to organisational growth and change
- Previous experience of bid writing for a telecommunications or IT company.
- High standard of written English.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Analytical and mathematically strong, with good MS Excel skills.
- Understanding and experience of the tender process, particularly relating to public sector procurement.
Traits and Behaviours
- Focus on customers – committed to providing the best service to our customers in all that they do
- Working Together – Working co-operatively with colleagues, customers, partners, and suppliers. Gains support from others.
- Can Do Attitude – Takes personal responsibility for getting things done
- Growth – Proactively seeks ways to improve and grow the business
This job description is intended as a general indication of the main responsibilities of the job and does not include detailed instructions on how tasks are undertaken. You may be required to carry out additional tasks within your capability as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.